history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Mar 24 2017 09:49AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Anyone walking about Chinatowns in America with observe statues of a stout fellow carrying a linen sack. Chinese merchants call him Happy Chinaman or Laughing Buddha. This Hotei lived in the T'ang dynasty. He had no desire to call himself... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WHY DO I STILL FEEL SEPARATE DURING WHAT I THINK IS PURE CONSCIOUSNESS
vertical line Posted on Feb.23.2017 @ 10:01AM EDT by bosweljj
Ok, I’ve been meditating for a while now and I’ve always been able to quickly achieve a state of good awareness and sometimes I think I’ve actually had glimpses of enlightenment or pure consciousness but I’ve never got anything out of it other than feeling one with the moment at that time and then when meditation is over, thoughts rush in along with life stresses etc.. I try to continue the practice into everyday life activities. I listen A LOT to Alan Watts audio archives and audiobooks and I actually understand that we (cosmos) are all 1, all connected and interdependent on each other, a harmony of complex patterns and events etc. but last night I believe that I actually achieved proper pure consciousness, I had no concept of time, I was just doing and witnessing, completely separate from my thoughts, I could of been anywhere doing anything and I would of felt the same, just a watcher experiencing with no judgement, it felt amazing. HOWEVER, I still felt separate, like a watcher separate from the universe seeing it unfold before me, but still separate. I don’t feel connected. I think that when I die my watcher will die, I don’t feel like my watcher is the energy of universe and it will go on when my body dies. I’m struggling to explain it in words. I feel my thoughts as separate from me, I can see them come and go but I still don’t feel one with the universe. I do as a mutual happening both happening at the same time, me and it but not as the same thing! Can someone guide me!
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email bosweljj
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.26.2017
09:31PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I know what it is like being caught in the IDEA of all this. And that's what alan watts and others don't want to happen. They are just one individual with a perception. When you combine many individuals with many of the same similar perceptions before you know it you are caught in this IDEA.

My suggestion from what you wrote is take a break from the subject. Learn something new! Out of the realm of the subject of consciousness. This can be difficult. But when you break away from it for awhile you will find some real clarity. Then you can return with a fresh mind.

Do something different.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 161057
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from bosweljj
Feb.28.2017
09:11AM EDT 
Email bosweljj
vertical line Thank you for the reply. I will. It can get frustrating sometimes as I feel like I'm on the verge of understanding it all, like it's all about to 'click' in my mind and then no, something's missing or something doesn't make sense.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 161058
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Mar.12.2017
01:27PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Silent Knowing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 161059
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA, WAT PHO II
by Charles Newington
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s