history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Oct 19 2019 03:04PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Phap Hien was a Vietnamese Zen master. He lived in the late 5th century and early the 6th century.
When he was a young monk at the Phap Van Temple he met Vinitaruci (?-594) who was one of the
successors of Seng-tsan, the Third Patriarch... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: PHYSICAL BODY IS ME
vertical line Posted on Apr.29.2019 @ 12:33PM EDT by Bobwidget
The physical body is me. I am automatically aware of reality so have no need to pay attention to reality. I am my body without trying. It really is this simple. The body is the Buddha.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Bobwidget
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.29.2019
01:00PM EDT 
vertical line No.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163632
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Apr.29.2019
01:47PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line It's pretty clear that Bob doesn't have it right. And I'm not here to correct him. The abyss is thick.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163633
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.29.2019
02:04PM EDT 
vertical line Don't start none, won't be none.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163634
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.29.2019
04:15PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "It's pretty clear that Bob doesn't have it right. And I'm not here to correct him. The abyss is thick. "

Saying I don't have it right is the way you think you need to correct me? No? Or yes?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163635
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.29.2019
05:17PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Physical body totally relax your attention ( focused energy ) and you will fully relax. There is nothing odd or weird or strange about this comment. To go to sleep at night this is what we must do. Doing it while awake then you are the relaxed physical body which is Buddha body.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163636
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Apr.29.2019
07:01PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "It's pretty clear that Bob doesn't have it right. And I'm not here to correct him. The abyss is thick. "

Saying I don't have it right is the way you think you need to correct me? No? Or yes?
"

Quote: "No.

"

One will believe whatever they wish to believe
And no amount of disapproval will change that
So much like teenagers who believe they know everything

We can only watch and see how it turns out.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163637
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.29.2019
07:25PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "It's pretty clear that Bob doesn't have it right. And I'm not here to correct him. The abyss is thick. "

"

"

"

No. You said I was wrong. Period. Face it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163639
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
05:49AM EDT 
vertical line Wow look at the pointy head power coming off that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163647
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
05:52AM EDT 
vertical line We're all wrong, but some are more wrong than others, right?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163649
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.30.2019
08:22AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "We're all wrong, but some are more wrong than others, right?"

If the sky was green instead of blue that would be truth I cannot say no too or even accept. Its just green. So its not just about me or you its also about reality. A reality we all are aware of automatically with body. I cannot help but be aware automatically of reality. Its something all humans do without any attempt. Only the attention and/or imagination interfere.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163654
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.30.2019
08:31AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "It's pretty clear that Bob doesn't have it right. And I'm not here to correct him. The abyss is thick. "

"

"

"

If you know truth speak it. Spill the beans. Being zen coy is not helpful to any. Nor is it wrong somehow to know reality's truth. Being blunt is not wrong because Siddhartha spoke direct. Very direct without coyness.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163655
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
08:45AM EDT 
vertical line Reality is the original Rorschach.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163657
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
08:47AM EDT 
vertical line Your physical body is a meat sack that you have divided from your thinking processes, that's all. It's not even mindless.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163658
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
Apr.30.2019
09:24AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Quote: "Reality is the original Rorschach."

No.It is the full moon.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163659
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
Apr.30.2019
09:28AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line If you are a zen student you shouldn't take every word in the first meaning.And you should have know this.Mind and body one.
Mind and heart is one.Children know this.Except you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163660
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
Apr.30.2019
09:29AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "If the sky was green instead of blue that would be truth I cannot say no too or even accept. Its just green. So its not just about me or you its also about reality. A reality we all are aware of automatically with body. I cannot help but be aware automatically of reality. Its something all humans do without any attempt. Only the attention and/or imagination interfere."

Bob explain it here.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163661
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
09:46AM EDT 
vertical line You're mistaking your reality tunnel for reality - you think the interpretation of your perceptions is reality. Childsplay.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163663
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
Apr.30.2019
09:46AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Every dream has an end.But one starts when the other finishes.this is what is special.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163664
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
09:48AM EDT 
vertical line Utterly irrelevant unless you're trolling. Which of course you and your helper are.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163667
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
10:20AM EDT 
vertical line Incidentally, how does your shiny happy Buddhism square with your violent revenge fantasies?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163671
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.30.2019
10:23AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Incidentally, how does your shiny happy Buddhism square with your violent revenge fantasies?"

Why would you assume enver is this way?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
10:30AM EDT 
vertical line That's the way he said he is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163674
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.30.2019
11:21AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "That's the way he said he is."

Fine and OK. But your trying to always find flaws where surely he is not violently imaginative all the time. I can be extremely violently imaginative. I have no issue with it. Barely and rarely do I think this way.

But just like picking at mental illness they are not insane with everything said and done.

Now I'm picking at your flaws. Your attempts to always find flaws. Its OK to point out peoples issues to themselves so they may desire if they want to self correct.

Let's talk. Fix flaws together in a constructive way. Surely this can be done.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163678
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
11:22AM EDT 
vertical line Oh my goshness, you really are a psychological symptom. What's the difference between you and a zombie?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163680
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
11:25AM EDT 
vertical line I think the guy's atrocity is still in the planning stages. Or so he said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Apr.30.2019
11:27AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Oh my goshness, you really are a psychological symptom. What's the difference between you and a zombie?"

Obvious a zombie has more brains. Or is it that it gets more? Har har .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163684
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2019
11:29AM EDT 
vertical line Zen flesh, zen bones, zen corpse.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163686
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.01.2019
09:47PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I was synchronized to 11:11am and pm all of April give or take a couple days. At the moment I looked at my clock lo and behold 11:11. Now they say there is a reason for this. So what does this particular chrono-moment have to do with the grand scheme? It probably had something to do with "me" but more significantly than me it had more to do about "you." Because I'm not the most attractive person in the world, don't get me wrong I'm very handsome, it's more likely for a fly to find a mate than I (true story, two mating flies landed on my hand a couple days ago) But it's a numbers game... 11:11? I am one (1) and the same (1) and alone (1) and Myself (1).
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163704
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.02.2019
06:20AM EDT 
vertical line Perhaps the unity you have realised and the solitude you have embraced has made you capable of meeting the other as Other. Or you could just be one bigger version of me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163705
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
May.02.2019
07:02AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Now is the time all we have, else what do we have
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163708
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
May.02.2019
07:05AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Tranquility, Harmony, Serenity, Peace
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163709
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.02.2019
07:39AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "I was synchronized to 11:11am and pm all of April give or take a couple days. At the moment I looked at my clock lo and behold 11:11. Now they say there is a reason for this. So what does this particular chrono-moment have to do with the grand scheme? It probably had something to do with "me" but more significantly than me it had more to do about "you." Because I'm not the most attractive person in the world, don't get me wrong I'm very handsome, it's more likely for a fly to find a mate than I (true story, two mating flies landed on my hand a couple days ago) But it's a numbers game... 11:11? I am one (1) and the same (1) and alone (1) and Myself (1)."

Basic tenant of zen. Time don't exist just now. So I doubt a grand scheme. Quite a few experience this 11:11 phenomenon. I would say more the Mandela effect. Plus labeling the numbers is on par with imagination some associate with symbols. Saying your alone is rather obscure. I see lots of people. Saying I am one and the same and myself is pretty much the same thing. So basically you imagined what each number meant.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163710
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.02.2019
07:51AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Perhaps the unity you have realised and the solitude you have embraced has made you capable of meeting the other as Other. Or you could just be one bigger version of me. "

other as Other?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163711
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.02.2019
08:26AM EDT 
vertical line I presume you're referring to a tenet of zen and a mandala as a symbol of the universe.  Unless you're talking about squatters' rights and/or the effect [Nelson] Mandela has on the occupation of property.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163712
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.02.2019
08:28AM EDT 
vertical line er... basically.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163713
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.02.2019
10:01AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Zazen sitting is a basic form. It's adequate to our body's proportions. It's like drinking clean water. There's not a whole lot of symptoms from drinking clean water. There's not a whole lot that arises from the Zazen posture. But would you stop drinking clean water because it's boring? Likewise, do you stop sitting in meditation because it's boring? Your call.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163714
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.02.2019
02:47PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "I presume you're referring to a tenet of zen and a mandala as a symbol of the universe.  Unless you're talking about squatters' rights and/or the effect [Nelson] Mandela has on the occupation of property.

"
No. Mandela effect. Kinda like the hum phenomenon. Real world crap phenomenon. I would say the reason that zen was invented. But no it was. To break samsara. So when saying things like 11:11 or the other then Other. Well not my anger towards those suffering from samsara. My anger generated at samsara itself.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163716
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.02.2019
03:19PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Zazen sitting is a basic form. It's adequate to our body's proportions. It's like drinking clean water. There's not a whole lot of symptoms from drinking clean water. There's not a whole lot that arises from the Zazen posture. But would you stop drinking clean water because it's boring? Likewise, do you stop sitting in meditation because it's boring? Your call."

Sitting in zazen is formal practice needed until attention breaks. Then this sitting is really just sitting doing nothing which is peaceful and relaxed. Reverse boredom. Boredom is attention needing something to do.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163718
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.02.2019
08:28PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I don't know any doer. Never met one. Never will.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163719
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.02.2019
08:36PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Oh, yeah. I guess Bob is trolling too. Hah! What a waste of time. I'm not reading his wall of texts about the "physical body." I just noticed he's took over the whole forums front page! Lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163720
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.02.2019
09:00PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Oh, yeah. I guess Bob is trolling too. Hah! What a waste of time. I'm not reading his wall of texts about the "physical body." I just noticed he's took over the whole forums front page! Lol"

Just relax. Weather I did is irrelevant. Breath. Distraught by my postings is irrelevant. Breath and be your physical body.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163721
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.03.2019
08:17AM EDT 
vertical line Praise the Lard. Halitosis. Halitosis. Hal - ay - toh - sis. Yeah that physical body odour which is you does automatically pong a bit.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163722
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.03.2019
08:58PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The surge of the ego in the mind of men/women is at an all time high. The tide will return to a more spiritual hour. Stick around it should be a good show!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163726
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Enver m.
May.04.2019
01:17AM EDT 
Email Enver m.
vertical line Yes.I do think so too.but it could take more than 15-20 years
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163727
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.04.2019
04:06PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Words can sometimes spread quick.

Imagined attention don't focus nervous energy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163734
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.05.2019
08:18AM EDT 
vertical line Mood Rider
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163739
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHIST MONASTERY, NYANNGHWE, BURMA
by Christophe Boisvieux
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s