history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday May 21 2019 04:03PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day a Vinaya master asked a Zen master:
-How should one practice Tao?
The Zen master replied:
-Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired.
The Vinaya master said:
-Most people do that.
The Zen master... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: DON'T TRY
vertical line Posted on May.05.2019 @ 03:08PM EDT by Bobwidget
Physical body don't try to focus nervous system energy at all and you will totally relax. Its hard to focus it.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Bobwidget
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.05.2019
09:57PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line God is the only mood and you'll have it once you have exhausted all the other moods.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163746
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.06.2019
10:58AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "God is the only mood and you'll have it once you have exhausted all the other moods."
This is what you have done? God as in?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163747
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.06.2019
10:59AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Physical body let your focused nervous energy totally relax. That's it. That's all.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163748
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.07.2019
11:19AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line In most cases your physical body is smarter than you are. Of course in beginning you should listen to your physical body. Which most cases people don't. As your practice develops you can realize that You are smarter than your physical body. Which most people don't get that far into practice. And once you have the mindfulness or the intelligence of mindfulness you move through the practice. As the fruitfulness of practice continues you come to know you are not your physical body including your mind in which the parameters of birth and death no longer compete with your true Self.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163749
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.07.2019
11:41AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Bob, You can Venmo me $10 for that bit of advice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163750
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.07.2019
11:47AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Also, I'm on hour 40 of my Spring fast. The ketones are just getting good.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163751
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.07.2019
06:01PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Well I will say this. Spirit must be in total sync with body. No separation for that leads to death. To seek the spirit is to seek death but to seek the flesh is to seek life. But therein lies the seeking. Is the seeking wrong? Yes. Contemplation is hell. Weather body becomes spirit or spirit leaves flesh is redundant to me. I've experienced other lives and experienced death.

Now I explained how animals die and it creates energy to reform but this might not apply to humans.

God is not a object. The attention is the mistake. The curse of humanity. The body is aware is the correction to the mistake. A blessing. All I know. Being fully aware and not focused is beauty.

I listen to what you say. Reality taught me the two above statements not mine.

I know only aware body totally relax the attention. When fully aware I feel like just my body. Perhaps total union of spirit and body. Which I crap contemplated. Life should be apparent. Not deep and obscure.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163752
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.07.2019
07:07PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line That's your angle. And that's fine.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163753
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.07.2019
07:24PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "God is the only mood and you'll have it once you have exhausted all the other moods."

You are correct. A god. A physical god those false ones who imagined themselves one. Nothing held in the head.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163754
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.08.2019
07:51AM EDT 
vertical line Only a deluded narcissist in pain and without a brain cell would try the way you do. Sorry.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163755
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
10:06AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Hah.

We have to remember world war 3 was the first war. The war before wars. The inner war. It doesn't go away without the cooperation of the teachers of the past, present and future. Those who have spoken intelligently and have lived reasonably. Their shoulder is an arrow pointing to the Spirit of non-war, not a shoulder to lean on. And this is interesting to understand about reincarnation, for it is said there are multiple lives before the impact of realization to occur. What this means for me as when you observe our friends who have no inclination of the Way, if time allowed it, and perhaps it may, it would seem for some of our human family it would take eons to be authentically impacted by a genuine Awakening. In light of this, you should not impose on the person and their wrong views, but patiently contemplate their return home.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163756
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.08.2019
10:48AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Hah.

We have to remember world war 3 was the first war. The war before wars. The inner war. It doesn't go away without the cooperation of the teachers of the past, present and future. Those who have spoken intelligently and have lived reasonably. Their shoulder is an arrow pointing to the Spirit of non-war, not a shoulder to lean on. And this is interesting to understand about reincarnation, for it is said there are multiple lives before the impact of realization to occur. What this means for me as when you observe our friends who have no inclination of the Way, if time allowed it, and perhaps it may, it would seem for some of our human family it would take eons to be authentically impacted by a genuine Awakening. In light of this, you should not impose on the person and their wrong views, but patiently contemplate their return home.
"

Siddhartha said he would not return. Not because he cannot live again being flesh. But I do believe he does not just because of the struggles in our world. A belief. But does fit. So agreed. But with realities correcting words. The body is aware. This shows the physical body which is in truth the physical spirit is automatically aware of reality because of its senses. God did not tell me the spirit is aware. This if perceived as a solid can benefit people. Because it is a dogmatic truth no different then the same sun shines on us all. I cannot find a spirit apart from me. Only an attention looking for one and is our issue. The attention imagining it found one can never work. This is not my body. Its me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163757
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.08.2019
11:04AM EDT 
vertical line I don't know anything about that. I'm just shaving the beard of absolute dogmatic truth.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163759
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
11:52AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Nothing will astound you more than the constant witnessing of stupidity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163764
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
12:28PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Bob the bod for president.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163765
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.08.2019
01:46PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Bob the bod for president. "
Using zen as a disguise. How quaint.

For everyone else. The physical body that is you let all your energy totally relax. You might be surprised how much you release in the process as well.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163766
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
02:31PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Well you have my vote if you keep this up!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163768
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
02:36PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Tea?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163769
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.08.2019
04:02PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Tea?"
Totally not.

More specific. Physical spirit totally relax all focused energy. Better to say release though.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163770
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.08.2019
04:18PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Or best yet

Physical being totally relax all focused energy so it will release.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163771
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.08.2019
04:50PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Well, I tried...

Now, I'll be parting.

Coffee?

J/k

Peace!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163773
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
May.08.2019
09:50PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Well, I tried...

Now, I'll be parting.

Coffee?

J/k

Peace!
"
Tried to convince? No coffee, tea or peace if you serve it!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163774
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
May.09.2019
06:53AM EDT 
vertical line Please be advised: you have released and discharged a nauseatingly noxious stench with accompanying garbage and gibberish.  Your body, which is you, has therefore been officially classified as a Category 1 Hazard to Health.  For the sake of the planet, reduce your methane emissions with immediate effect or suffer the consequences.  This was a Public Service Broadcast. Thank you for your compliance. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163775
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA TRIPOT OIL BURNER
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s