history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Jul 15 2019 02:49PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day when Fa-yen Wen-i (885-958), one of the well known Chinese Ch'an masters,
has ascended his seat. From the assembly, a monk came out and asked:
-What is one drop of water from the fount of Tsao-ch'i?
Fa-yen repied:
-It's... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE REALITY OF DREAMS
vertical line Posted on Jun.19.2019 @ 08:59AM EDT by Bobwidget
Dreams are simple in truth. Most people consider themselves a participant in a dream. But all dreams are your imagination.

If you dream your riding a dirt bike down a trailer in the woods they very dirtbike, trailer and forest is your imagination.

Science says we need this dreaming to release whatever.

But the dreamless state where the attention ceases to exist is true release and a deeper sleep. The very act of dreaming is active which is not total rest.

This dreaming also carries over into daily life. Where a vast amount of scientific imagined theories affects our lives.

An example is a unschooled yet child. Asking them where the sun is they will point and say right up there. Same with the moon. Because they are. We are taught the sun is millions of miles away. So we imagine and see it as so.

But a mere glimpse of real reality you see it as is. Hovering and moving across our lands in our atmosphere maybe a mile in width and not that hot. Once seen you can never see the sun as anything else.

Same for our half ball destroyed midnight sun we call the moon. In truth bigger then the sun. In ancient times sometimes touching the top of the leaves of our giant trees.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Bobwidget
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.19.2019
09:40AM EDT 
vertical line This is so wrong on so many levels.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163964
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jun.19.2019
10:37AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Some of our young baby giant trees they have not cut down and reserve them as some sort of monument to awe at. But like the grand canyon uranium pit its just something that is sad. Kinda like mankind's supposed beauty in caging animals in small environments we call zoos.

A tree in a oxygen rich world would reach epic size. Period.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163966
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.19.2019
10:43AM EDT 
vertical line Trees produce oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide. Unlike yourself: methane production plant.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163967
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jun.19.2019
10:46AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Your attention will cease to exist when you go to sleep tonight. Again. Oh and again.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163968
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.19.2019
11:53AM EDT 
vertical line Poo. Again and again and again probably.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163969
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jun.19.2019
11:57AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Yeah reverse that duh. Giant trees would and did produce a super rich oxygen world.

But oxygen is in soil. So the system feeds itself. This then enriched soil makes plants bigger.

Yep good science is good. Half is garbage.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163970
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jun.19.2019
12:24PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Belief is crack.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163972
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jun.19.2019
04:58PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Science is also mainly crack and another belief system. Being aware of reality not mine is my sustenance. Not a mere man. Grounding myself in reality not mine to decide.

Tell me again what good the doctrine of attention is? One example compared to being physically aware. Our original prime nature. If you follow the doctrine of attention your misled. It is its purpose. So tell me what good the attention is?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 163977
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.04.2019
03:31AM EDT 
vertical line Okay, I'll tell ya again: I. Park. For. Free.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164010
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA, WAT PHO I
by Charles Newington
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s