history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Aug 20 2019 11:11AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  A monk came to say good bye to Ch'an master Niaowo (Bird's Nest). He said:
-Thank you, Sir, for everything you've done for me. Now I got to go.
Niaowo asked:
-Where will you go?
-Any place where I can learn Buddha dharmas.
-Of... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE DAY OF THE HUNGRY GHOSTS
vertical line Posted on Jul.28.2019 @ 10:51PM EDT by so_teh
We live today in a time of the hungry ghosts. It's different than the wartorn times of the world. It's quite different. We are starving.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email so_teh
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.29.2019
03:32AM EDT 
vertical line The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164262
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.30.2019
09:05AM EDT 
vertical line I got 99 problems and being trapped in a decaying body in a money hungry society on a dying planet in a mysterious dimension may be one.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164270
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jul.31.2019
09:03AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line No. It started 10,000 years ago with our aware race being indoctrinated in the attention dogma.

The physical body is automatically aware of reality. Let it totally relax the attention so it releases.

Does anyone disagree that body is automatically aware of reality without and effort?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164294
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Jul.31.2019
09:08AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I obviously disagree with you, but it's not your posts, I don't even know what they mean.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164295
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jul.31.2019
09:20AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line You dont understand your physical body is automatically aware of reality around it?

Do you need to pay attention to your food in order to taste it? Or do you automatically taste it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164296
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Jul.31.2019
09:22AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I usually hold my breathe cause it tastes horrible
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164297
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.31.2019
09:36AM EDT 
vertical line And the widget stinks too. A most disagreeable fellow.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164298
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jul.31.2019
09:44AM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line In what regard Phil? Calling names and saying no is totally non specific.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164299
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Jul.31.2019
01:17PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Phil....psst psst. The attention is just a imagined thought. Forget it. Psst psst. If it feels like focused energy that's your imagination creating and focusing nervous energy?

No or yes? Even though its in zen teachings.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164300
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.14.2019
06:55PM EDT 
vertical line P!ss off.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164468
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
12:36PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line So zen teachings are wrong?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164470
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
01:27PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "P!ss off."

But why should I? Have I typed anything wrong?

That which is automatically aware of reality is you.

What is wrong with this statement?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164471
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
01:55PM EDT 
vertical line Fire
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164472
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
03:14PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Our physical structure and dna is more determined by being the energy of our spirit prior to it becoming flesh and living. Your physical being is a totally unique DNA structure. They say families inherit diseases down through the bloodline. Not true at all. Either a person in that family is going against the noosphere or a past relative did. So it punishes all. More population control and a excuse to make it seem like the real god has punished us.

Because we are physical spirits or spirit made flesh it is those who fear death and also cannot remember past lives because the narrow minded attention blocks it who have no faith in reality to always allow those who desire life to live again.

I existed as a slumbering spirit of vast relaxed formless energy for close to a 1000 years. Awakening slightly at times and creating new philosophy. I did not want to exist physically again. I enjoyed death. It was utterly peaceful. But this can be attained in this life by letting the physical body totally relax and it will once a person abandons the forced attention. But reality told me he is not a object. Still I barely stirred. Then I heard the cries of children. The only reason I came to exist again physically.

If it means going against any false institution or adults teaching the doctrine of attention to these children naturally aware of reality I will. To mar our children with our false ideals of reality is wrong.

We all have been wrong. Including me.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164475
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
03:23PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah, Hello? Uh, if you’re there pick up, okay listen it’s Alan calling, Alan from Earth. You probably don’t remember, it’s over in the western spiral of the Milky Way although obviously you might have named it after a completely different brand of chocolate. Basically just find the Oort Cloud and ask for directions from there. Anyway just calling to catch up. We’re doing alright with the carbon base lifeform thing. Kids are diversifying nicely, going through a bit of a fad for spines and brains at the minute but it’s probably the same where you are. Well, that’s about it really, we just hadn’t heard from you in a while, like when we killed Michael Rennie or Klaatu, as you knew him in The Day The Earth Stood Still. So if you received this, get in touch, but actually thinking about it, don’t bother calling after about, what, 2150, because I’m not expecting anyone to be in. Oh and I’m sending this song along it’s called God Song by Robert Wyatt. I hope you like it. And that you don’t communicate through perfume or minor variatrions in your sense of balance or something. Okay, you take care and I’ll talk to you soon. Love you, Bye.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164476
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
03:24PM EDT 
vertical line God Song/Fol De Rol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164477
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
03:34PM EDT 
vertical line No one bought your plan 1 spiel. So, why would you think plan 2 is gonna fly?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164479
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
03:58PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Total abrupt physical change not resembling modern humans? Its already done. Only stress disallows completion. Not my fault per say. Those mad scientists who study the noosphere formerly called Mara is what stresses mankind.

Here's the thing. You imagine the sun as millions of miles away. When it is just right up there. Floating and moving and small and not that hot. This imagined reality is ego to see it as millions of miles away.

I was present when they shot our midnight sun we call the moon now with missiles. The sky did fall that day. Resulting in half a sun. Proven the very nature of the moon gives off heat. Our moon is generally bigger then our sun. Those giant super moons. The moon is closer. I've seen it a mere mile above the ground once.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164481
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
04:19PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Phil equats nmarri poster on here. I fiqured either you or so teh. I knew from first post. Its your way of imagining your teaching me a lesson like I don't listen somehow. I don't need to listen. Others do. I'm not here to debate Phil. I'm like a rock. I type proclamations of truth and our real history. Zen was formulated on being strong against Mara. Realizing through either direct observation that mere imagination focuses on the breath or mushin which is non attention and being aware with body. Mushin meditation for the select few.

I know Siddhartha's methods. He was my friend. He does not want to return because of Mara. I was old man hotei. Yep. Makes total sense. He loved children too according to history.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164482
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
04:21PM EDT 
vertical line eh?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164483
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
04:29PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah you're between a rock and a hard place.  You're a fvck up.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164485
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
04:36PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Yeah, Hello? Uh, if you’re there pick up, okay listen it’s Alan calling, Alan from Earth. You probably don’t remember, it’s over in the western spiral of the Milky Way although obviously you might have named it after a completely different brand of chocolate. Basically just find the Oort Cloud and ask for directions from there. Anyway just calling to catch up. We’re doing alright with the carbon base lifeform thing. Kids are diversifying nicely, going through a bit of a fad for spines and brains at the minute but it’s probably the same where you are. Well, that’s about it really, we just hadn’t heard from you in a while, like when we killed Michael Rennie or Klaatu, as you knew him in The Day The Earth Stood Still. So if you received this, get in touch, but actually thinking about it, don’t bother calling after about, what, 2150, because I’m not expecting anyone to be in. Oh and I’m sending this song along it’s called God Song by Robert Wyatt. I hope you like it. And that you don’t communicate through perfume or minor variatrions in your sense of balance or something. Okay, you take care and I’ll talk to you soon. Love you, Bye."

This type of gibberish talk they use in zen to of course. Its to lead the mind from mere words to direct observation of the non verbal reality. But you do not understand this. In the nonverbal reality no spirit is found. Just the physical essence. In the nonverbal reality the attention is witnessed as imagination. Focused imagination. So. You do NOT know.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164486
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Aug.15.2019
04:44PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "eh?
"

Pretending to not know. How coy. Well not really. You play little games with your imagination.

This physical being is absolute total proof and truth beyond words.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164487
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2019
05:01PM EDT 
vertical line You're on a debatable journey. You employ consequences in order to prove your assumptions and so deal in pseudocertainty - you assume that you will live another day.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164488
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
08:42PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line No Mexican blood get off my property. Your words, not mine.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164490
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:01PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Well, your God's words, how many times do I have to go over this. You are on slave four and you are utterly illiterate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164491
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:04PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line You could always just get off my property, I am urging you to do so because even if I allow myself to be inconsistent I have PTSD
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164492
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:19PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Vague kid, then knife in eye, that is your words. Everyone is waiting, maybe u will make the news
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164493
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:26PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Well I am just a whore but I have old people and kids. Last I heard your God sent your grandmother to the hospital and attacked his younger cousins, and you sent your friends to rehab for lack of attention
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164494
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:29PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line sent his grandmother*, though I suppose she is your inlaw, do you speak to her?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164495
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:34PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I mean do you speak to anybody there? I haven't but I went to school with them I wonder how they are.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164496
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
09:47PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well if you are going to back out on a duel then they'd have to make a request, but I dont think you 2 have kids or old people
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164497
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:28PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no but that's the thing, u are not a kid, you are what, 10 years older? Bambi really suffocated to death while you were having car sex, everyone else went to rehab and jail on your orders, for petty crimes. Besides you started the duel.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164498
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:32PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line It's not that I'm buddhist, it's that anyone is more buddhist than you two. Plus that is racist, I told you I converted, but you keep bringing up Buddhism
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164499
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:42PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I am not vague? I am really a gimp, I am disqualified twice on physical grounds by aviation departments. I think you are worse than Nazis you don't even fight
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164500
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:45PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line also what happened to YOUR pets I wonder, with all the private doctors and drivers you had
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164501
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:46PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no i have their names stupids, your drivers, they wanted to play music, maybe I'll ask them
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164502
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:54PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I'm pretty sure you two have huge games collection in your household? i only have some game soundtracks I studied composition, without money obviously. They are very good btw, like Jeremy Soule, it's not kid stuff it's going in future textbooks, but it's not a noble profession so I don't do it much anymore
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164503
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
10:57PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yeah I know you want to take me I'm saying that you two creep me out, you have no plan, you are married but you both get jealous it's weird
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164504
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
11:03PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yeah my apologies for spamming btw but these two keep contacting me here for some reason, I miss Immortal1 and Shayne etc. they were great
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164505
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
11:14PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Do you mean I don't want to be Phil's lover is that it, how insulting!!!! of course I do. It's just not how life works. I love his work he is my hero, but I am stuck with you slobs
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164506
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Aug.15.2019
11:32PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line

or u are saying he is leading me on, we don't need to meet, get some damned class u 2, I can love him from afar

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164507
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.16.2019
07:26AM EDT 
vertical line Millions Of Images
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 164508
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEDITATION II (SILVER FOIL STAMPED & EMBOSSED)
by Chris Paschke
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s
i