history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Oct 22 2019 07:12PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  P'ang Yun (740-808) was a well known Chinese Zen Layman.
He was once selling bamboo baskets. Coming down off the a bridge, he stumbled and fell.
When Ling-chao saw this she ran to her father's side and threw herself down.
"... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: I WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR HELP. AND SOME ADVICE. THANK YOU.
vertical line Posted on Sep.15.2019 @ 06:00AM EDT by OnueAA
Hi, I quite new! I try to practice zazen. and I like it. I leave bcoz I am Christian too.

Basic I would like to ask if there is something similar or equal. or even more. like a "sin, against the holy spirit" could you try to put that on zen "words"? If yes, please could you help me to repair my error. and it is unforgivable? I wanna quit from Christianity.

If not, well thank you and sorry to make lost your time, but thank you so much. In last "GOOD" is just a word or exist? I feel exist something different from "GOOD" but not sure to avoid it bcoz I  quite tired looking something that I not sure what it is.

In last if avoid that it is any kind of sin or punishment? or unforgivable punishment?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email OnueAA
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.15.2019
09:43AM EDT 
vertical line Hello there.

Ignorance is the mother of sin - this is the beginning of Gnosis.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165566
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.15.2019
01:34PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Does reality punish you? The true god punishes none. Don't rely on a book but see direct. That's seeing god direct.

Imagine Hitler. After his physical death and his formless energy. Alone. No noise and silence. Facing his own hateful energy and psyche. He would have corrected himself in time to have a peaceful slumber of death. Only so he could be at peace if nothing else.

If Hitler lives again is he accountable if he corrected himself and realizes he was curropt? He is not.

Your time before your birth was your slumbering death. Same thing. No different.

But are we accountable to each other? We are not god. So yes we are with each other. So yes unforgivable sins to each other.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165567
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.15.2019
03:15PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Plus don't worry about being part of or not or leaving. Half of zen is as wrong as half the bible. Not all is correct. Written by man most is fallible.

Being part of. Being a Buddhist. Being a Christian. Segregates one from others.

Ask yourself would Jesus pick a " correct " religion and cast off all those that did not pick this correct one?

Physical body do nothing. The attention is imagined. True peace. Not the imagined.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165569
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
07:14PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I dunno how is kicking out a trespassing married couple with numerous tortured animals punishment, i dont have to imagine hitler lol. if u are married and u are not family with anyone then why is it so difficult for u to move out, it's a pretty simple question, i dont think u will starve or u will get gassed or anything like that, plus i thot u still had funding, it's what u said
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165570
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
07:17PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line u said u found new family, u are saying it didnt work out or what. I do not really want to adopt you 2, i see it like civil service, if the shelter and prison are full and u will literally die i will think about it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165571
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
07:18PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i think u should move out anyways see, cause u are supposed to be married but u do not have peace, if u move in i dont think that will change, u can probably do it, especially if u had family like u said
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165572
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:11PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well I think u should not live with me, u are supposed to move out as a married couple. in any case if u live with me u have to know how to read I cant tell u what to do all the time, like I don't have time to do it I am behind on my studies because of chores and health conditions u see. i dont know about god but u need reading for maintaining a pantry and choosing the right medicine, but in my experience not everyone can do it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165587
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:16PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well i dont know if its just biological or something, some of them have degrees some dont, i just notice that some people always figure out how to spend properly and some dont. i am not that wealthy see and i have health condition, i am an orphan besides, I simply cannot afford people who make mistakes, you need to find government assistance if so
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165588
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:19PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line they wanted me in medical school but I am stuck here doing chores for a family of 4, also I have been through 3 dogs, i do not actually like sitting around lol. but programming is also not bad if u get far enough, they do not run anything without programs anymore, i mean even if u go back to books they still need it for power plants and radars etc.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165589
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:24PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no it is nothing major but if there were a draft they would give me mandatory inspection see, I am on the no-fly list due to physical reason. we are poor enough that they still do not have me on health insurance. that is pretty much the only reason I am a skilled classical musician, I actually enjoy the outdoors
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165590
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:27PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well 1 parent is a gangster with numerous kids, he is just super busy, the other one is jealous of me so, i am not sure if I am legally an orphan but i dont think it'd be that hard to file myself as one. i have new family tho, well they were extended family b4 but I am basically adopted
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165591
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:33PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line my grandfather was a political scientist and factory worker he is 95. my uncle is basically my father, he is a real programmer, like not OS but not widgets, if u want to live with me u have to go through them. they are actually very metropolitan even tho they dont seem like it, it is just due to financial circumstance
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165592
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:44PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well he does not have a degree but he reads obsessively, like really obsessively, he wanted degrees though they were just too poor. he is the only one who learned a trade, the rest of them have normal routines, i mean he has lead numerous programming team and he has been to Beijing and India etc., he trains them all the time
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165593
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:50PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no see u are utterly racist, u think we do not have education around here. his vietnamese friend are all english major w/ jobs at lockheed etc. my aunt has dual major in computer science and social science irrc, she knows tons of doctors, they are my parents basically, not the ones u met
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165594
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:50PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line they are going to be the first to bash your degrees, not me
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165595
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:52PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i am actually less educated than them cause i am cleaning toilets all the time, i only know how to write fugues and I remember some Euclid lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165596
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.15.2019
11:56PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i do not want to take in people who know less than me it is absurd, nobody should know less I am basically a maid
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165597
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:01AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no dont say it is irony i have seen u 2 grocery shop and take medicine it is absurd, i think u really do not know how anything works, like u do not understand the physical body basically, i would not trust u 2 to feed a dog, it is only cause i told u what to feed it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165598
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:03AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i have seen biology minor feed them grease and no fruit or veg at all see, it is horrendous, i do not know what they are doing in the schools
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165599
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:04AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line even back before computer they knew more about dog biology, there were tons of books on what to feed them
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165600
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:07AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line u cannot just tell what to feed it wow, how can u tell onion and grape are poisonous. how can u tell they need some fruit and veg and they can digest grain that is why they eat the damned grass cause they are sick and they want some plant. that is the whole point of book. how did they figure it out, maybe they force fed a dog every different kind of food until it died, now it died it vain
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165601
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:11AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line if i did not kick them out of the kitchen i dont think she would have made it anywhere near to 20, it was my cousin's dog he is like u 2 he says books are dangerous, plus the biology minor he says ignorance is bliss and science is one thing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165602
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
12:15AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line they used to copy book by hand it was that valuable. they trained people just to do it well. now u have people whining that textbook are too narrow or you have to be careful with them i think they actually just dont read. both points are true but it is no issue if u do not whine. like i used Fux, a figured bass printout, and records for music u do not need anything else, i do not like people who whine about textbooks, some are better than others but the worst one is still better than nothing
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165603
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.16.2019
03:59AM EDT 
vertical line Bobwidget's god is a mass murderer - read the Bible. He imagines Hitler in order to help him rationalise the harm he is responsible for, so he can feel good about the bad he has done to others.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165604
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.16.2019
04:38AM EDT 
vertical line Read the Nag Hammadi library.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165606
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.16.2019
04:39AM EDT 
vertical line And William Blake.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165607
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.16.2019
02:15PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Bobwidget's god is a mass murderer - read the Bible. He imagines Hitler in order to help him rationalise the harm he is responsible for, so he can feel good about the bad he has done to others. "

I don't follow the bible god.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165610
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.16.2019
02:53PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line I won't post anymore if this question is answered.

Do you accept the physical body as aware or the attention?

The line is drawn.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165612
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
03:58PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yes but you are not the physical body, I am
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165624
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.16.2019
04:00PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well you tortured animals and ran off from a duel after all, how can you be the physical body you are pathetic little snots, except you are also destructive
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165625
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.16.2019
04:17PM EDT 
vertical line Atoms are not body obsessives.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165629
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
02:56PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line The physical spirit is you and is automatically aware of reality. Let your focused nervous system energy totally relax.

A truth of reality that will supersede the focused mindset. That when the attention is totally left to relax the physical body will relax without effort.

This is our true nature. There is NO departure to this that must be done.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165643
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:35PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line The words are ok in certain context but you do not speak from experience and it does not align with your natures.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165644
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:36PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line everything you say you are actually the opposite. I don't think the words themeslves are bad though, but I also don't think they fit all context.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165645
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:39PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Why not figure out why you are married couple that is obsessed with me first, cause I got a lot of friends u know, not just across the sea, I know your friends, I know his friends, I know almost everyone from my generation in San Jose. I'm not really interested in roommating with you unless you are the last people on Earth. even then I probably have to guard the animals
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165646
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:49PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line you are acting like I led any of you on. I mainly talked about music and technology, you  tend to project Buddhism on me but I have not really studied it like you have. I try to keep the precepts, that is all I know about Buddhism, if I understand what you are saying conceptually it's just cause other subjects tend to train u to think critically. I do not really think about attention and non attention and the nature of reality all day. its mainly chores, recipes, how to prune the trees, the dogs. whenever I thought about anything intellectual it was usually just music, lately it is more math and some economics. I like reading in general but I do not study philosophy like you, if so I prefer Plato
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165647
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:51PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line if you actually read what Buddha said and what zen buddhist after him said, i think they were a little different but they followed the precepts, I dont think they said any of what you are saying except in certain situations
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165648
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
03:56PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "The words are ok in certain context but you do not speak from experience and it does not align with your natures.

"

Your imagination thinks this. You are unable to separate the attention from it.

The attention is JUST focused nervous system energy.

I would not know to speak of this unless I do know.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165649
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:58PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I actually only have PTSD sometimes. it hinders my studies but not my work, I need to save up for health insurance and school. in general I feel pretty relaxed without u 2 around, only u 2 give me pointless stress
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165650
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
03:59PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line you do not know. if you bring that bullcrap around me I will knock you harder than your veteran father before you, it is already kind.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165651
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:00PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no i will knock both of you. there is nobody more above the law than you two, it is already kind that you are not in jail. the others do not follow me around all day that is the difference
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165652
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:02PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line you realize you are either both supposed to be in jail or we are all supposed to be dead right.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165653
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
04:02PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "if you actually read what Buddha said and what zen buddhist after him said, i think they were a little different but they followed the precepts, I dont think they said any of what you are saying except in certain situations

"

Incorrect. I parallel most but in my own understanding and writing. But just like the backwards bible not all zen masters were or are correct.

I trust in reality and its truth. Not other men. They are mostly weak and frail with ego. Sensitive to slights I don't even consider.

This means ndanmai, so teh and Phil. Weak and frail with insecure mind of which what I post challenges it and they have fear I'm correct.

I'm going out killing Bambi now.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165654
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:05PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line right, you 2 are mostly weak with frail ego, nevermind the destruction you cause, it is obnoxious, everyone says so. why your grandparents and family have not socked you cause you run from them right
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165655
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:08PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line It should not be my job to uphold the law. I am not a paid sheriff, your family are supposed to do it, by neglecting to do so they are being poor citizens
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165656
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
04:08PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line I have more then listened and talked to those of insecure mind, the mentally ill. The homeless. Never assume who I am. My desire to help mankind is why I exist. Why I choose to live again. But it is mainly for the children.

Children are naturally their little bodies and aware. But we have heard this expression before. To become like a child. For they are unclouded of mind unlike most adults.

So yes. You will learn.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165657
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:09PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no children like u 2 they wonder the same as me. why are your family such poor citizen, do they have frail ego too or something
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165658
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:10PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line there are no family like that in USA. when their own break the law they get their nose broken
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165659
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:12PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line if your families are like that then they should get fined frankly, I am too lazy to do it that is literally all, if there were a big red button i would push it, or one that switches u with Bambi and Fi and Shatzi obviously
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165660
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.17.2019
04:13PM EDT 
vertical line Lookin' Out My Back Door
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165661
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:14PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yeah i already learned how to be a decent citizen ages ago i did not need parents to do it. next i am going to learn the engineering or pharmaceutical that u 2 were supposed to learn with your golden bodies and freedom u take up too much damned space
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165662
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:19PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line why not explain which part of bible and zen master are wrong. u do not even say which bible which zen master etc., u sit there with ur glasses all day and u cant even do that
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165663
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:21PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i only know one bible that is utterly wrong and one zen master that is utterly wrong that is u 2, it is Mara and Loki
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165664
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:24PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i am more thor and buddha than u 2 and I am not even raised for it brb I got to cook
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165665
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:26PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i dont even read, i read science and some history and I know more about this crap than u do it is absurd, u cant even read u are utterly illiterate. u should at least be literate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165666
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:31PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line ya tomato and lentil soup it is on the stove. so why your families have such frail ego hmm, there is no family that does not sort their own like u 2, i think u ran from them, now u are trying to get adopted by me
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165667
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:58PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no that is right I think your families have frail ego , i think they tick me off more than you do
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165668
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
04:59PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i think you 2 probably cry all ay and you locked them out of your rooms but that is no excuse they are supposed to break your noses, how come i have to do it. their ego too frail
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165669
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:02PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well last i heard her animal caretaker parent swallowed pills and his grandmother cut herself while bashing furniture, i am very sorry about it. i do not think it is financial they are just ashamed.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165670
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:16PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i think it is wrong they should just break your noses. i think it is cause you 2 lie to everyone else they would have
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165671
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:21PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line u are married then usually u go on an adventure, there is nobody that stalks ex partners, i was never your partner fyi. it is because u have frail egos.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165672
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:31PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line half of your concepts I understand half of them I don't understand at all, like when you say I am turning against you, it is retarded, i think your brains are damaged. we were never partners. I kicked a couple other people out how am I turning against you. you might really have brain damage, it can be scanned u kno, ur mental state, it can be shown to your physical senses u are so obsessed about
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:36PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line so they can actually track things like racism, it really shows up on the scanner. racism is known to cause similar impairment to hard drugs. they can also detect the capacity for error detection and conflict resolution, cause there are certain part of the brain that are responsible for it, it is called the anterior cingulate cortex, they can literally trace it phsically. so if u do not like reasoning u could try that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165674
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.17.2019
05:39PM EDT 
vertical line You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165675
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
05:40PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yeah but that is your issue which you want to prove, i just want to know why you have to stalk me as a married couple. whatever the content of their character no married couple does that
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165676
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.17.2019
05:45PM EDT 
vertical line Make Me Smile
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165677
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
06:58PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line

Some of my favorites. Classical is minimalist in a way since they restrict the modes they use but Bach and Mozart achieve non obvious things, you would not think to do the same with just major and minor. The last piece is like modal jazz, it is not real improv but the lines are beautifully and masterfully crafted. He does a lot of innovative stuff. I actually studied this to graduate level and I know a little bit about production, like samples and eq and stuff but I dont want to spend too much time on it anymore unless people have fun with it. I don't play much anymore, I listen a bit only.

I like everything you post btw. MacArthur Park made me cry, some parts made me think of my dog, i always wished you could make birthday cake for dog in the park lol, they should not be bred it is too sad
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165678
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
07:06PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well i did not spend money so i do not have the degree but i can read orchestral score, transcribe by ear, tutor music theory, learn instrument quickly etc. But the economy is tight everyone knows that
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165679
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
07:09PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line that is my guilty pleasure lol. and tea. but those 2 do not make me feel guilty at all, they are not really conservative, they spend more they are just backwards
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165680
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
09:15PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Ndanmai. You are perplexed by an imagined phantasm of people here.

Let your physical body totally relax and don't focus nervous energy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165681
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.17.2019
09:34PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line If awareness does not exist naturally I guess we have to pay attention to our food to taste it?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
10:31PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Christie, I am only perplexed by your constant non sequiturs and bizarre questions, also by your insistence that we Frank and I were ever partners or you and I were ever friends. I do not want to eat your food, you do not seem to be aware of that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165683
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
10:46PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line I flirt with everyone, not just online lol, I dont really expect commitment either I'm just naturally chatty, i like having fun that is all. i think they are more like my extended family fyi, they care about my safety
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165684
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
10:56PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i told u i am something of a courtesan. it is not just a business, it is not to mess with people, just some people have fun flirting, if they have have fun then I do too, I care about how they feel afterwards, if they feel bad or confused then I feel terrible. you have not seen me with my other friends that is the issue, but then I have not been out in a while. its just like music see, some people would play just for free
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165685
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:00PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line it might be against the rules except I do not think I suggest anything, most of it is unintentional, usually I dont realize I am flirting until after
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165686
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:19PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i dont think they are going to whisk me away duhh. i am deciding whether to just remain single or get in touch with schoolmate again. i feel married fyi, not to anyone to my dog, i am quite blissful alone. but I also want a more productive position once i do not have infirm people. I think u 2 deliberately keep me untreated in order to one up me or extort me, not in order to build my character, my previous guardian did the same thing. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165687
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:24PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line no that is right, they leave a trail of abused animals and tons of trash, now they are extorting a gimp they are absurd. none of their parents were like that they just regressed.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165688
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:32PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i dont need to relax anything u fools do. they do not seem to remember that each of them challenged me to a duel, so i think there is no such thing as natural awareness
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165689
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:36PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line yeah they are the scum of society imo. nevermind anything personal between us, they are always snitching on people, I think they should exchange places with the petty criminals in jail frankly, if i had power that is what I'd do. they cannot run their pantries or take their medicines anyways they will be healthier there
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165690
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.17.2019
11:40PM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i dunno they also act like I vote against their interests, they are the only ones that do so or who do not vote, so I think there is no such thing as natural awareness
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165691
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.18.2019
04:04AM EDT 
vertical line
I'm a musician with very eclectic tastes, so Bach is an obvious favourite.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165692
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.18.2019
04:10AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Your senses are not bigger than nowhere.

Listen to the chirping of crickets in the early morning and let it take you into nowhere where your senses have no strength. But come home to the present moment where you have the opportunity to live happily. Do this Zazen. If not, remember this Zazen.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165693
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.18.2019
05:25AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis

In perspective, how you may have been cultured through Christianity may be your dismay for Christianity. And I wouldn't blame you for abandoning the false in Christianity. But think of yourself as fully capable of resurrection. Really, try your luck at discoving the truthfulness and tearfulness of Christ.

You must know this Spirit as holy and you must know this God as good. Zen will teach you no less as it's approach can only have the one intention for the Life.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165694
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Sep.18.2019
08:52AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line Loved the whole album thank you. I don't get to make noise at home so I tend to listen to classical more but I love everything. Aside from wanting to play in bands back in school I initially wanted to be a composer for videogames or to publish academically but I think it is not my destiny.

I am versed in counterpoint and I do not analyze harmony the same way. There are things like tonal imitation in John's Williams' Rey's Theme that they do not study. The sequences in the new modal classical musics are new, since they cannot use fifths you know, it is a sound they do not want. All of the composers I list do new things with sequences, it is technically new but they also have to produce and keep up with taste, it is a very difficult career. I think they do some similar things in progressive rock.

Coz77 - Calpheon Riding Theme

This one is a neat example, by Coz77. There is a sequence at about 1:12  based on minor thirds, with Mixolydian mode on each segment, but it is not equal division of the octave, he cuts it off on the flat fifth degree of the scale producing a Locrian progression. he does the same outline again at 1:54 but w/ more intervening harmonies. I hope you get some fun things in retirement, if you are ever retired from saving animals.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165695
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.18.2019
01:53PM EDT 
vertical line Cool. Thank you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165713
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.18.2019
03:15PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: ""I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis

In perspective, how you may have been cultured through Christianity may be your dismay for Christianity. And I wouldn't blame you for abandoning the false in Christianity. But think of yourself as fully capable of resurrection. Really, try your luck at discoving the truthfulness and tearfulness of Christ.

You must know this Spirit as holy and you must know this God as good. Zen will teach you no less as it's approach can only have the one intention for the Life.
"

This holy LIFE is the zen term.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165715
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Sep.18.2019
04:39PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "Your senses are not bigger than nowhere.

Listen to the chirping of crickets in the early morning and let it take you into nowhere where your senses have no strength. But come home to the present moment where you have the opportunity to live happily. Do this Zazen. If not, remember this Zazen.
"

At nighttime. I hear them and ask them to shut up but they won't listen. I try to ignore them but that don't work. So crickets do their thing and I do my thing all in the same one reality.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165716
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Sep.18.2019
07:50PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Cosmic Mudra
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165717
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Sep.19.2019
04:56AM EDT 
vertical line Roundabout
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 165719
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from OnueAA
Sep.29.2019
04:40PM EDT 
Email OnueAA
vertical line Thank you just. I look more the nature and I more sure that God or watever it is nothing to be afraid. thank you so much for your reply. best wishes! And sorry to reply so late. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166049
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Oct.02.2019
09:43AM EDT 
vertical line Pleased to meet you
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166053
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from OnueAA
Oct.02.2019
02:56PM EDT 
Email OnueAA
vertical line Quote: "Does reality punish you? The true god punishes none. Don't rely on a book but see direct. That's seeing god direct.

Imagine Hitler. After his physical death and his formless energy. Alone. No noise and silence. Facing his own hateful energy and psyche. He would have corrected himself in time to have a peaceful slumber of death. Only so he could be at peace if nothing else.

If Hitler lives again is he accountable if he corrected himself and realizes he was curropt? He is not.

Your time before your birth was your slumbering death. Same thing. No different.

But are we accountable to each other? We are not god. So yes we are with each other. So yes unforgivable sins to each other.
"

I feel that what he says is very true. It gives me some peace. Like the sun that
illuminates all humanity. Do not choose between good and bad. Thank you. I guess
looking for the truth in books makes me doubt about "life." Thank for for your help and clarity.

I trying to get out but it is kinda hard after all what I believe. thank you for reply.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166057
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Oct.02.2019
05:03PM EDT 
vertical line What clarity?  Do you mean Bobwidget's clarity of Hitler choosing good when he realises he's bad?  And could you clarify what you mean when you are talking about God and/ or Reality?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166060
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Bobwidget
Oct.02.2019
11:13PM EDT 
Email Bobwidget
vertical line Quote: "What clarity?  Do you mean Bobwidget's clarity of Hitler choosing good when he realises he's bad?  And could you clarify what you mean when you are talking about God and/ or Reality?
"

Your unclear. Bad? If a person knows they are corrupt and fixes that corruption they are no longer corrupt.

Unlike you Phil.

Again why would you choose focusing and straining on reality when your naturally aware?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166067
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
03:54AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line because that's what love is. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166100
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
03:59AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line nothing comes without work, you two don't understand work at all
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166101
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
04:19AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line i don't think there'd be any issues if anyone really understood natural awareness. they don't go to sesshin then they assume with their imaginations instead of their natural awareness. everyone I saw there was better. I do not think animals are capable of cruelty, they kill for survival, not for pleasure.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166102
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
04:21AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line they make fun of it until they go, every time, then they realize they basically a repeat of Mara
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166103
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
04:24AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line well in some stories he harpoons turtles, he has health insurance, then he dresses up as a monk. it's basically what you people are.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166104
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ndanmai
Oct.03.2019
04:34AM EDT 
Email ndanmai
vertical line ya but that's your issues. my issue is simply that you people did not pass high school, we have better engineers and we do all of the damned work. a monastery is different because they are all in one spot and they are cheap and easy to feed, you are not like that. a trump tower also works as I said.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166105
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Oct.03.2019
05:02AM EDT 
vertical line Bobwidget is telling us that he is corrupt. Unreasonable and hopelessly corrupt.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 166106
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this FLAT TOP PAGODA CONCRETE LAWN ORANMENT INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s