1. Zen Practice for Everyone | James Ford - Patheos
Zen Practice for Everyone | James Ford Patheos
ZEN PRACTICE FOR EVERYONE James Myoun Ford (Just finished this for our Empty Moon Zen Network website. It occurred to me its a reflection that might be ...
2. The Metaphorical Sword - Buddhistdoor Global
The Metaphorical Sword Buddhistdoor Global
Expressions of the Buddhadharma in the philosophy of martial arts.
3. K-Zen Beverage, a nascent cannabis-infused drink brand, has raised $5 million in seed funding - TechCrunch
K-Zen Beverage, a nascent cannabis-infused drink brand, has raised $5 million in seed funding TechCrunch
There's a new cannabis-infused drink company coming together, helped along by the venture firm DCM, which just plugged $5 million in seed funding into the ...
4. Tranquility Is on Tap at Wang Center's Zen Rock Garden - Stony Brook News
Tranquility Is on Tap at Wang Center's Zen Rock Garden Stony Brook News
Tranquility – even in the midst of a fast-paced, hard-charging academic environment – is perpetually available at Stony Brook's Charles B. Wang Center, where ...
5. Bodhi Oak Zen Sangha to Host Zen 101: Learn to Meditate Class in Oakhurst on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Sierra Sun Times
Bodhi Oak Zen Sangha to Host Zen 101: Learn to Meditate Class in Oakhurst on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 Sierra Sun Times
May 6, 2019 - Bodhi Oak Zen Sangha will host a public event, “Zen 101: Learn to Meditate” on Wednesday, May 8, from 6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. at Bodhi Oak Zen ...
6. George Miyasaki's Non-Western American Painting - Hyperallergic
George Miyasaki's Non-Western American Painting Hyperallergic
In writing about artists of Asian descent I have repeatedly bumped up against codified prejudices in both the art and literary world. John YauMay 26, 2019.
7. Sōami (1472-1525) and art of Japan: Aesthetics and Buddhism - Modern Tokyo Times
Sōami (1472-1525) and art of Japan: Aesthetics and Buddhism Modern Tokyo Times
Sōami (1472-1525) and art of Japan: Aesthetics, Buddhism, and the Middle Kingdom – Tokyo news – Japan art – Japan news.
8. Report: Chinese Temple Replaces Buddha with Mao Zedong - Breitbart
Report: Chinese Temple Replaces Buddha with Mao Zedong Breitbart
A Chinese Buddhist temple becomes a patriotic education center, replacing statues of the Buddha with Mao and other Communist heroes.
9. 14 Books Steve Jobs Always Turned to for Inspiration - Thrive Global
14 Books Steve Jobs Always Turned to for Inspiration Thrive Global
Why did Apple “think different”? As Steve Jobs said while introducing the iPad, the Mac maker was never just a tech company. “The reason that Apple is able to ...
10. Mapping the shores of my enemy | News - Buffalo Bulletin
Mapping the shores of my enemy | News Buffalo Bulletin
The engines of a black Boeing RB-50, a large specially equipped B-29 airframe, hummed loudly, secretly flying along the cold Pacific Ocean shore of enemy ...
11. How to Reap the Benefits of Meditation - HealthCentral.com
How to Reap the Benefits of Meditation HealthCentral.com
Despite a recent finding that 25% of people had negative experiences during meditation, the authors note that meditation still has many benefits for most people.
12. W.S. Merwin, US Poet Laureate and Zen Buddhist, dies at 91 - Lion's Roar
W.S. Merwin, US Poet Laureate and Zen Buddhist, dies at 91 Lion's Roar
W.S. Merwin, the American poet, environmental activist, and two-time Pulitzer Prize recipient, died Friday March 15 at his home in Haiku, Hawaii, on the island of ...
13. In the Shadows of Transference: Sexual Abuse in Buddhism - Tricycle - Tricycle
In the Shadows of Transference: Sexual Abuse in Buddhism - Tricycle Tricycle
Revisiting how we view enlightenment—and how we view teachers—may help us navigate issues of sexual abuse in Buddhism and communities.
14. Konjin Gaelyn Godwin appointed new director of Soto Zen Buddhism International Center - Lion's Roar
Konjin Gaelyn Godwin appointed new director of Soto Zen Buddhism International Center Lion's Roar
Konjin Gaelyn Godwin Roshi has been appointed the director of the Soto Zen Buddhism International Center — the first Westerner and first woman to hold the ...
15. Hiking the Zen Path - Tricycle
Hiking the Zen Path Tricycle
Hiking Zen Buddhist practitioner and scholar Christopher Ives shares his approach to meditating on the trail.
16. Koans are important meditation tools in Zen Buddhism. - Big Think
Koans are important meditation tools in Zen Buddhism. Big Think
Koans are one of the most meaningful practices in Zen Buddhism. Usually translated as "nonsensical," the sentences have much greater purpose. Breaking ...
17. Soto Zen priests discuss diversity and privilege at biennial gathering - Lion's Roar
Soto Zen priests discuss diversity and privilege at biennial gathering Lion's Roar
The SZBA conference we just completed represents a deep and significant shift in North American Soto Zen Buddhism,” writes SZBA board president Tenku ...
18. How to find your inner Zen Buddhist - The Irish Times
How to find your inner Zen Buddhist The Irish Times
Unthinkable: 'A love of mystery is deeply embedded in the Irish psyche,' says the author of a new translation of eastern wisdom stories.
19. Your Guide to Telluride Mountainfilm 2019 - Outside
Your Guide to Telluride Mountainfilm 2019 Outside
Mountainfilm, the Memorial Day festival at Telluride that's been running since 1979, is a glut of movies, conversations, parties, and more. This year's theme is ...
20. Zen meditation group bridges Kenyon and Mount Vernon - Kenyon Collegian
Zen meditation group bridges Kenyon and Mount Vernon Kenyon Collegian
Every Tuesday evening, a group of local residents and Kenyon students gather inside a small chapel at the United Church of Christ on North Main St. in ...
21. ‘Write me and tell me your heart’ — Leonard Cohen’s letters to Marianne Ihlen - Christie's
‘Write me and tell me your heart’ — Leonard Cohen’s letters to Marianne Ihlen Christie's
Two parallel stories unfold across this remarkable correspondence between Leonard Cohen and Marianne Ihlen, his muse and lover. The first is that of the ...
22. Arakida Moritake (1473-1549) and Japanese poetry: Shintoism - Modern Tokyo Times
Arakida Moritake (1473-1549) and Japanese poetry: Shintoism Modern Tokyo Times
Arakida Moritake (1473-1549) and Japanese poetry: Iio Sogi and Shintoism. Lee Jay Walker. Modern Tokyo Times. In time, the poet Arakida Moritake ...
23. Leadership Insights From A Zen Buddhist Monk In Japan - Forbes Now
Leadership Insights From A Zen Buddhist Monk In Japan Forbes Now
Following a meditation session with the EMBA participants, the monk, Rev. Ichido Uchida, Director of Kojirin Zen Training Center, sat with the group for ...
24. Zen Is Not A Perfume - Lion's Roar
Zen Is Not A Perfume Lion's Roar
When Jan Chozen Bays noticed purveyors of commercial products appropriating the word "Zen," she responded with an open letter published in the Fall 2002 ...
25. Queen gave Meghan Markle 'DRESSING DOWN' after row over egg – 'We DON'T do that!' - Express
Queen gave Meghan Markle 'DRESSING DOWN' after row over egg – 'We DON'T do that!' Express
MEGHAN MARKLE was given a stern “dressing down” by the Queen herself after the Duchess of Sussex got into a petty row with royal staff after tasting egg in a ...
26. How a Gold Mine Drama Set This Man on a Path to Lead Australia - Bloomberg
How a Gold Mine Drama Set This Man on a Path to Lead Australia Bloomberg
For two weeks in 2006, Australia's news cycle was dominated by the gripping and ultimately successful bid to rescue two men trapped in a collapsed gold mine.
27. La Salle University - La Salle University
La Salle University La Salle University
March 26, 2019. La Salle University's 6th Annual Religion and Culture Lecture series continues on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 7 p.m. Pat Enkyo O'Hara Roshi, ...
28. Who Was Bodhidharma? - Lion's Roar
Who Was Bodhidharma? Lion's Roar
The legendary founder of Zen in China famously taught a dictum long-regarded as the taproot of Zen, “Point directly at the human mind, see its nature, and ...
29. How Marie Kondo Bucks Japanese Tradition, and Why It Matters - Lion's Roar
How Marie Kondo Bucks Japanese Tradition, and Why It Matters Lion's Roar
Gesshin Greenwood examines how Netflix's "Tidying Up" star Marie Kondo combines the emptiness of Zen Buddhist practice with her signature spark of joy.
30. Opinion: Here's how to fight being 'good' all the time and mind yourself first (by a Zen Buddhist) - TheJournal.ie
Opinion: Here's how to fight being 'good' all the time and mind yourself first (by a Zen Buddhist) TheJournal.ie
Haemin Sunim is a Zen Buddhist who writes about how to love imperfect things – including yourself – in his new book.
31. Bernard Glassman, Zen Master and Social Activist, Dies at 79 - The New York Times
Bernard Glassman, Zen Master and Social Activist, Dies at 79 The New York Times
Bernard Glassman, an acclaimed American Buddhist teacher known for his social activism and, briefly, a venture with the actor Jeff Bridges to capitalize on ...
32. Zen Buddhist priest touched by kindness in Nepal offers shelter to those seeking refuge in Japan - The Japan Times
Zen Buddhist priest touched by kindness in Nepal offers shelter to those seeking refuge in Japan The Japan Times
One day in January, in a quiet Zen temple on a hill in Nagoya's Tenpaku Ward, a priest offered a Nigerian visitor okaki (rice crackers). "Can you eat (this.
33. Zen All Day - Tricycle
Zen All Day Tricycle
The Won Buddhist practice of “timeless” Zen aims to bring mindfulness into every part of our lives.
34. Four Central Texts of Soto Zen Buddhism - Patheos
Four Central Texts of Soto Zen Buddhism Patheos
I was wandering around the interwebs when I found myself returning once again to the Sotoshu website, the site for the Japanese Buddhist church from which ...
35. Shin Buddhist Path - To the Pure Land and Back - Tricycle
Shin Buddhist Path - To the Pure Land and Back Tricycle
Like the oxherding pictures used in Zen, the Shin Buddhist path to enlightenment can be understood by the seven phases of the drowning sailor.
36. Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh explains how to walk more mindfully - Quartz
Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh explains how to walk more mindfully Quartz
Enlightenment is not that complicated and pretty easily attainable. It starts with your breath and a step, Thich That Hanh and Nguyen Anh-Huong explain in their ...
37. Bodhi Day (Rohatsu) – a (Zen) Buddhist day of Practice - Patheos
Bodhi Day (Rohatsu) – a (Zen) Buddhist day of Practice Patheos
December 8 is the day that Japanese Zen schools celebrate Rohatsu, also known as the Buddha's enlightenment day (Japanese: Jōdō-e, 成道会). Many Zen ...
38. Zen Buddhist Teacher Haemin Sunim On How To Accept Yourself In A World Striving For Perfection - WAMC
Zen Buddhist Teacher Haemin Sunim On How To Accept Yourself In A World Striving For Perfection WAMC
Haemin Sunim is one of the most influential Zen Buddhist teachers and writers in the world. Born in South Korea, he came to the United States to study film.
39. Zen on the Trail - Psychology Today
Zen on the Trail Psychology Today
A new book explores hiking as a form of spiritual pilgrimage, showing us how going out onto a trail can become a journey inward.
40. Zen Buddhist and Poet WS Merwin Dies at 91 - Buddhistdoor Global
Zen Buddhist and Poet WS Merwin Dies at 91 Buddhistdoor Global
One of America's most celebrated poets, who spent his later years as a Zen Buddhist practitioner and environmental conservationist in Hawaii, died in his sleep ...
41. When Buddhism Came to America - JSTOR Daily
When Buddhism Came to America JSTOR Daily
Buddhism was embraced by the Beats of 1950s America. But some Buddhists felt these converts were engaging with the practice in a shallow way. Alan Watts.
42. What Is Zen Buddhism and How Do You Practice It? - Lion's Roar
What Is Zen Buddhism and How Do You Practice It? Lion's Roar
Zen teacher Norman Fischer takes you through the principles and practices of the major schools of Zen Buddhism. Includes specially selected articles for further ...
43. Amil Khanzada brings meditation and tech together at one of Japan's Zen landmarks - The Japan Times
Amil Khanzada brings meditation and tech together at one of Japan's Zen landmarks The Japan Times
Japan's rural towns have mainly been facing the same big challenge for the past decade: A migration to urban centers for work has left them with declining.
44. Soto Zen Buddhism in North America: Some Random Notes from a Work in Progress - Patheos
Soto Zen Buddhism in North America: Some Random Notes from a Work in Progress Patheos
Soto Zen Buddhism in North America Some Random Notes from a Work in Progress 20 January 2018 James Myoun Ford Blue Cliff Zen Sangha Long Beach ...
45. Reflecting (Again) on Zen, Buddhism, Perennialism & Universalism - Patheos
Reflecting (Again) on Zen, Buddhism, Perennialism & Universalism Patheos
"If I am asked to define my personal tastes in religion I must say that they lie between Mahayana Buddhism and Taoism, with a certain leaning toward Vedanta ...
46. The Queen had to give Meghan Markle a 'dressing down' - 9Honey
The Queen had to give Meghan Markle a 'dressing down' 9Honey
When Meghan Markle made her first solo outing with the Queen last year one month after her wedding to Prince Harry, the pair looked like they were thick as ...
47. Many Look To Buddhism For Sanctuary From An Over-Connected World - NPR
Many Look To Buddhism For Sanctuary From An Over-Connected World NPR
Some users are turning to Buddhism and other religions to have a more mindful experience online. By being tethered to your devices, one monk says, "you will ...
48. Buddhism’s Postmodern Age - Tricycle
Buddhism’s Postmodern Age Tricycle
Western Buddhism has entered a new chapter, influenced by social justice movements such as Black Lives Matter and #MeToo, according to American Dharma.
49. Buddha Buzz Weekly: Robodhisattva - Tricycle
Buddha Buzz Weekly: Robodhisattva Tricycle
A Zen temple shows off its robot bodhisattva, the Calm app takes on VR, and people disconnect for the National Day of Unplugging.
50. A Beginner's Mind for Business - Lion's Roar
A Beginner's Mind for Business Lion's Roar
The classic Zen concept of "beginner's mind" is finding popularity in American business circles. Minh Do looks at what that means for Buddhism.
51. St. Louis Buddhists Are Now Featured in a New Movie - Riverfront Times
St. Louis Buddhists Are Now Featured in a New Movie Riverfront Times
Laughing Bear Bakery and Shinzo Zen Meditation Center share a building at 1610 Olive Street (it's a big building). Here, in large part to the...
52. In Bodhi Day meditations, Buddhists tune into themselves, others - nwitimes.com
In Bodhi Day meditations, Buddhists tune into themselves, others nwitimes.com
Welcome to December. A month packed with holidays and parties, gift exchanges, big meals and decorations. While some celebrations come with all the festive ...
53. The Zen rule for becoming happier: Change one thing - Quartz
The Zen rule for becoming happier: Change one thing Quartz
The end of one year, and the beginning of a new one, is a good time to take stock, but not an easy time to do so. Diaries get packed with social engagements, ...
54. A Zen Buddhist teaches all how to reach deep and accept - NJ.com
A Zen Buddhist teaches all how to reach deep and accept NJ.com
Some resolutions, such as the path toward better understanding and happiness, do not require planking, a newfound appreciation of kale or stressing the right ...
55. How do you overcome suffering in Buddhism? - Big Think
How do you overcome suffering in Buddhism? Big Think
What does Buddhism say about suffering? Buddhism has been applied differently across the planet as it enters new cultures. The underlying philosophical ...
56. Zen and the Art of Finding Inner Calm - Mumbai Mirror
Zen and the Art of Finding Inner Calm Mumbai Mirror
Japanese monks suggest picking up a broom to clean the recesses of your mind.
57. Dirt and difficulty: Life as the wife of a Buddhist monk - The Japan Times
Dirt and difficulty: Life as the wife of a Buddhist monk The Japan Times
Tracy Franz's poignant memoir, "My Year of Dirt and Water," is full of carefully observed details. Organised by the season and dated like a diary, Franz delves ...
58. 10 Great Buddhist Books, Recommended by 10 Buddhist Teachers - Lion's Roar
10 Great Buddhist Books, Recommended by 10 Buddhist Teachers Lion's Roar
Ten Buddhist teachers, scholars, and writers recommend Buddhist books published in the West. From the Fall 2007 issue of Buddhadharma.
59. New San Francisco Zen Center Abbot talks “dharma for the 22nd century” - Lion's Roar
New San Francisco Zen Center Abbot talks “dharma for the 22nd century” Lion's Roar
An interview with David Zimmerman, the newly installed abbot of San Francisco Zen Center's City Center.
60. Proposed Buddhist Temple in Toledo neighborhood has residents upset - 13abc Action News
Proposed Buddhist Temple in Toledo neighborhood has residents upset 13abc Action News
Neighbors in one Toledo neighborhood are ready to fight the plan to build a Buddhist Temple where they live.
61. Arcata Zen Group offers a ‘quiet place to sit’ and gather thoughts - Eureka Times Standard
Arcata Zen Group offers a ‘quiet place to sit’ and gather thoughts Eureka Times Standard
Soto Zen Buddhism is a Japanese variation on the religion centering around the spiritual enlightenment and subsequent teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama, ...
62. Finding the Pure Land in Nature - Tricycle
Finding the Pure Land in Nature Tricycle
A murder in the Grand Canyon led outdoors writer Annette McGivney down the Buddhist path and to discover her own “land of bliss” on the trails.
63. Buddhism and "The Matrix" - Lion's Roar
Buddhism and "The Matrix" Lion's Roar
Each Friday, we share three topical longreads in our Weekend Reader newsletter. This week, LionsRoar.com editor Sam Littlefair reflects on the Buddhist ...
64. How 'monk therapy' is helping me through my divorce - Telegraph.co.uk
How 'monk therapy' is helping me through my divorce Telegraph.co.uk
I'm sitting cross-legged on a little round cushion, in a Zen Buddhist temple just outside Kawasaki, a city south of Tokyo. It's 5.30am and along with 40 Japanese ...
65. Everything Is Buddhanature - Lion's Roar
Everything Is Buddhanature Lion's Roar
Original sin vs. original goodness: Mahayana Buddhism offers a more hopeful view of human nature. Zen teacher Melissa Myozen Blacker reveals how nondual ...
66. What Is the Shoshin Approach? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Zen Gardening Post Prompts Mostly Positive Response—For a Change - Newsweek
What Is the Shoshin Approach? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Zen Gardening Post Prompts Mostly Positive Response—For a Change Newsweek
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez showed off her gardening skills on Twitter over the weekend, partly pinning her success to a concept known as Shoshin. “Garden ...
67. United by Our Common Vows: Tenku Ruff on Soto Zen in North America - Buddhistdoor Global
United by Our Common Vows: Tenku Ruff on Soto Zen in North America Buddhistdoor Global
Tenku Ruff, Osho, is a Soto Zen priest trained in Japan and the United States, and a professional chaplain with a Master of Divinity degree from Maitripa College ...
68. The Buddhist monk who who leads a school to heal broken hearts - MPR News
The Buddhist monk who who leads a school to heal broken hearts MPR News
The Zen Buddhist monk, who has more than 1 million Twitter followers, has created a school for those with broken hearts.
69. Key Terms of Soto Zen Teaching | James Ford - Patheos
Key Terms of Soto Zen Teaching | James Ford Patheos
While Soto Zen Buddhism in North America is following its own currents, there remains a profound connection between these various contemporary experiments ...
70. What Is Gassho? - Lion's Roar
What Is Gassho? Lion's Roar
Kobun Chino Roshi explains the meaning of gassho, a hand gesture that is often accompanied with a bow.
71. Buddhist teachers respond to American Zen pioneer Bernie Glassman's death - Lion's Roar
Buddhist teachers respond to American Zen pioneer Bernie Glassman's death Lion's Roar
The prolific Zen teacher Bernie Glassman died Sunday morning in Massachusetts. A number of Buddhist teachers have taken to social media to share their ...
72. Thinking of Karen Horney and Western Psychology's Discovery of Zen Buddhism - Patheos
Thinking of Karen Horney and Western Psychology's Discovery of Zen Buddhism Patheos
The Neo-Freudian psychoanalyst Karen Horney was born on this day, the 16th of September, in 1885. She was one of a relatively small band of psychoanalysts ...
73. Jazz musician to Zen monk: pianist Tom Vincent changes tune - ABC News
Jazz musician to Zen monk: pianist Tom Vincent changes tune ABC News
Jazz musician Tom Vincent's talent has taken him all over the world, but this week, he'll give up performing for good to dedicate his energy to his other life as a ...
74. Thus Have I Heard: An American Sutra - Tricycle
Thus Have I Heard: An American Sutra Tricycle
During WWII, Japanese American Buddhists were incarcerated by the thousands. Out of the crucible of the camps, a uniquely American Buddhism was born.
75. The Buddhist and The New Year - Beliefnet
The Buddhist and The New Year Beliefnet
Mid-January marks the celebration of Mahayana Buddhist New Year celebration (although many Mahayana Buddhist such as Japenese Zen, celebrate the New ...
76. Write Concentration: Using a Pen and Paper to Meditate - Tricycle
Write Concentration: Using a Pen and Paper to Meditate Tricycle
Jotting down our thoughts without attachment can be a form of writing meditation and a way to practice being present with whatever arises.
77. Reclaiming Ceremony for Myself - Tricycle
Reclaiming Ceremony for Myself Tricycle
An Upaya Zen Center resident reflects on returning to her workaday life and struggling to hold onto her sense of the sacred.
78. Glassman leaves legacy through students, brownies - The Riverdale Press
Glassman leaves legacy through students, brownies The Riverdale Press
Bernard Glassman wore many hats throughout his life. He was most notably a Zen teacher, bakery owner, sensei and husband. When it comes to understanding ...
79. Why So Many Americans Are Turning to Buddhism - The Atlantic
Why So Many Americans Are Turning to Buddhism The Atlantic
Dressed in flowing gold robes, the bald female meditation teacher told us to do nothing. We were to sit silently in our plastic chairs, close our eyes, and focus on ...
80. Why I Walk Two Paths - Tricycle
Why I Walk Two Paths Tricycle
Once a month, Tricycle features an article from the Inquiring Mind archive. Inquiring Mind, a Buddhist journal that was in print from 1984–2015, has a growing ...
81. Dispatch from South Korea - Tricycle
Dispatch from South Korea Tricycle
As Tricycle's executive editor, I was recently invited to Korea by the Won Buddhist order to attend the inauguration of their new head dharma master, Master ...
82. Living in the Great Buzz: Some Near Random Thoughts on Zen, Buddhism, Nondual Christianity, Decentering one's Ego, And Finding a Life - Patheos
Living in the Great Buzz: Some Near Random Thoughts on Zen, Buddhism, Nondual Christianity, Decentering one's Ego, And Finding a Life Patheos
Over the last couple of years I've found a shifting in my interior life. As a Zen practitioner I've been focused for many years on the profound and subtle pointing ...
83. 'Zen: The Art of Simple Living': Habits, ideas and hints for living a happy life - The Japan Times
'Zen: The Art of Simple Living': Habits, ideas and hints for living a happy life The Japan Times
"Zen: The Art of Simple Living" is a profoundly beautiful work, easy to read, encouraging deep thought and reflection, but most importantly, acting as a practical ...
84. Fingers Pointing to the Moon: A Small Reflection on Zen Buddhism, Zen Christians, and Christian Nonduality - Patheos
Fingers Pointing to the Moon: A Small Reflection on Zen Buddhism, Zen Christians, and Christian Nonduality Patheos
The direction of my life has been following a path laid out by the masters of the Zen way. The practices of shikantaza and koan introspection have opened my ...
85. The Monk Who Taught the World Mindfulness Awaits the End of This Life - TIME
The Monk Who Taught the World Mindfulness Awaits the End of This Life TIME
Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, whose books on mindfulness have sold in their millions, has returned to Vietnam to await the end of his life.
86. Leonard Cohen's tortured love affair with Zen Buddhism - Quartz
Leonard Cohen's tortured love affair with Zen Buddhism Quartz
Leonard Cohen was waiting for the miracle to come, and he waited half his life away. For three decades, the Jewish poet pop star studied Zen Buddhism. At 65 ...
87. Zen Manga: A Selection of Comic Book Zen - Patheos
Zen Manga: A Selection of Comic Book Zen Patheos
The good folk at the Sotoshu (the official Japanese denomination of Soto Zen Buddhists) have been developing a very good web presence. For instance this ...
88. Buddhism Is Not a Treatment for Mental Illness - Lion's Roar
Buddhism Is Not a Treatment for Mental Illness Lion's Roar
A new article in The Atlantic says more Americans with mental illness are turning to Buddhism for mental health treatment. Experts might advise otherwise.
89. How to Cultivate Your Beginner's Mind - Lion's Roar
How to Cultivate Your Beginner's Mind Lion's Roar
Beginner's mind is open, curious, and unbound by concepts and opinions—just like the mind of the buddhas. Ezra Bayda has some techniques you can use to ...
90. Leonard Cohen Under a New Light - Tricycle
Leonard Cohen Under a New Light Tricycle
Two books, a biography and a collection of poetry, take a deeper look at the late musician's inner life and Zen practice.
91. Carmelite and Chan/Zen Interfaith Conference to Be Held in Avila, Spain in July 2020 - Buddhistdoor Global
Carmelite and Chan/Zen Interfaith Conference to Be Held in Avila, Spain in July 2020 Buddhistdoor Global
Symposium to bring together experts in Chan and Christian thought.
92. Salesforce uses Zen Buddhism to make product decisions - Business Insider
Salesforce uses Zen Buddhism to make product decisions Business Insider
BI PRIME: The philosophical conversation came up when an investor asked whether Salesforce intends to stick to its cloud-only strategy now that it's completed ...
93. When Swearing Is Skillful - Tricycle
When Swearing Is Skillful Tricycle
The outcry over Rep. Rashida Tlaib's curse raises the question: what's the Buddhist view on foul language?
94. An American in Japan, Leading a Zen Koan of a Life - The New York Times
An American in Japan, Leading a Zen Koan of a Life The New York Times
Tracy Franz's “My Year of Dirt and Water” considers the paradoxical experience of being married to a Buddhist monk, cloistered in a Japanese temple.
95. Why Americans see Buddhism as a philosophy rather than a religion - Quartz
Why Americans see Buddhism as a philosophy rather than a religion Quartz
In East Asia, Buddhists celebrate the Buddha's death and entrance into final enlightenment in February. But at my local Zen temple in North Carolina, the ...
96. Why Are There So Many Black Buddhists? - Tricycle
Why Are There So Many Black Buddhists? Tricycle
A black practitioner struggling with the apparent lack of diversity in Buddhism finds a multi-racial community at Soka Gakkai International.
97. The Zen Cowboy rides into Bayfield - The Durango Herald
The Zen Cowboy rides into Bayfield The Durango Herald
The Zen Cowboy, a new spiritual center at 498 S. Church St. in Bayfield, transforms into The Church of Dunisha for Sunday gatherings.
98. Buddhist monk finds a digital road to the Latino world - Religion News Service
Buddhist monk finds a digital road to the Latino world Religion News Service
Buddhist monk Bhante Sanathavihari, left, translates a session to Spanish in a YouTube video, which along with other social media is a strategy for reaching ...
99. The Secrets of Interdependence: Or, Confessing a Universalist Zen Buddhism - Patheos
The Secrets of Interdependence: Or, Confessing a Universalist Zen Buddhism Patheos
I woke up this morning thinking that the best way to describe my faith stance in this world is as a Zen Buddhist Universalist. I could, with some prodding, even go ...